Why move the data to the analytics when you can move the analytics to the data?
Analyzing large volume of data presents numerous challenges it is time consuming, very expensive and requires management of complex technology infrastructure. And yet, analyzing large volume of data is what businesses need most desperately today! In traditional approaches for analyzing data, end-users must move data into memory for processing. This activity often accounts for up to 75% of the cycle time and imposes severe constraints on delivery of results. In addition, the client or server where the processing is done must have enough memory to store the data and intermediate results. Large unwieldy and expensive solutions have been devised and implemented using this approach, but there is a more elegant solution by taking the analytics to the data instead.
Introducing DB Lytix™
DB Lytix is an in-database computation engine that allows you to perform analytics within your database, which means you don't have to move the data from storage to memory and therefore, you don't have to build large computational infrastructure with servers, blades and load balancing software. Just deploy DB Lytix™ on your database, and you instantly have the ability to perform advanced analytics through simple SELECT and EXECUTE statements.
Using DB Lytix™ has multiple advantages:
- Rich repository of functions: DB Lytix™ contains a very rich collection of functions. From simple statistical analysis to Monte Carlo simulations to pattern recognition, DB Lytix™ provides the required functions to do it all. The DB Lytix™ library consists of the following:
- Mathematical and Statistical functions
- Monte Carlo Simulations- univariate and multivariate
- Data Mining & Pattern Recognition Principal Component Analysis, Linear Regression, Logistic Regression, Other supervised learning methods, and Clustering
- Ease of Use: End-users and programmers can perform complex data mining and business analytics by using conventional SQL statements (SELECT and EXECUTE stored procedures). The functions can be embedded in other functions and stored procedures, and can be invoked using ODBC calls. The simplicity of use makes DB Lytix™ very attractive for the end-users.
- Time-to-Action: The very paradigm of DB Lytix™ helps you gain efficiency in analysis, saves time and cost, and enables you to provide answers to the decision makers in minutes. Just imagine being able to perform pair-wise correlation and Eigen Value decomposition of a 1000 x 1000 matrix in less than 3 minutes!
- Affordable: You only need an enterprise license for DB Lytix™ instead of seat licenses as with other analytical software products. Also, since DB Lytix™ is deployable through simple SELECT statements, you do not need additional software to leverage the full potential of the library.
- Quantitative Analysts
If you are already building models, you have felt the pain of transporting data from storage to the analytical units and must have always wished that things could be better. DB Lytix™ is the ideal solution for you. Our library can be used to replicate your existing solutions and help build new ones with dramatically improved performance. In essence, if you want to compete on analytics, DB Lytix™ is your tool of choice.
- Application Developers
If you are an application developer or systems integrator who would like to embed analytical functions in your product, we can assist you in creating specific solutions desired by your clients. By embedding analytical functions such as forecasting and behavioral segmentation of customers, you can differentiate your product from your competitors and create value for your customers by giving them the quantitatively driven edge.
- Database Vendors
If you are a database vendor, we can port our library efficiently into your platform and help your customers and partners greatly improve processing and analytic performance. By providing a rich set of functions, you can help your customers and partners accelerate development and improve their analytical capabilities manyfold.
For all customers, Fuzzy Logix will provide education, support and expert consultation.